Our Company – Wynns Ltd.
Wynns are the UK’s leading consulting engineers specialising in the transportation of Abnormal Indivisible Loads. We have a long history and an enviable reputation for quality, reliability and value.
We have a strong and experienced team that includes transport engineers, environmental specialists and project managers. Our range of technical expertise enables us to deliver viable, technically sound projects efficiently and with minimum risk.
Identify, monitor and obtain clearance for Abnormal Indivisible Loads route access requirements related to projects across the electricity generation and supply industry. Working for many of the major power generators and transmission companies in respect to access requirements for their power stations, substations and wind farms.
Support the General Manager in carrying out route clearance works and surveys and produce reports for clients in line with agreed scopes of work.
The successful candidate must possess good time management skills ensuring all deadlines are met and good communication skills as the role involves speaking with Highways & Local Authorities and clients to ascertain exact engineering information.
This role would suite a graduate looking to progress in the transport/ logistics / planning sectors.
The Route Manager Role
- Negotiate with stakeholders including Government Agencies, Structural Authorities and Police who are responsible for the granting of permissions in order to attain structural approval of routes.
- Maintain an accurate AIL route database and seek innovative solutions to improve the collection and recording of data.
- Support the General Manager in carrying out route clearance works and surveys and produce reports for clients in line with agreed scopes of work.
- Develop and maintain mapping capabilities to enable presentation of data accurately both as paper-based maps and electronically based.
- Liaise and advise clients on the feasibility of proposed access routes to existing or proposed locations in terms of road transport, including physical negotiability and structural clearance requirements.
- Undertake physical route surveys and site walkovers
- To assist and support engineering colleagues.
- Uphold Company standards for the preparation of project documentation.